Open positions at our Albuquerque, NM location.
Director of Operations
We are currently looking specifically for an exceptional manager with experience in engineering and manufacturing.
This role is to lead through delegating in the areas of planning, scheduling, engineering, and manufacturing. The candidate will serve as the company’s operations and execution expert, independently leading work based on business priorities. The Director of Operations assists and reports to the general manager. The primary functions of the position are:
- Oversee daily operations, production schedules, and manufacturing, meeting the highest quality standards. Deliver quality products and services on time and on budget.
- Work with the business leadership team to develop strategy, annual operating and other business plans.
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage the engagement, performance and development of the manufacturing staff.
- Directly manage multiple project and program managers across multiple sites, including out-of-state.
- Work with customers and team members as necessary to ensure project requirements are met.
- Participates in sales and operations planning.
- Direct manufacturing and shipping to assure timely and delivery of top quality products.
- Travel as required, on average 6-10 one week long trips per year.
- Lead by example and embody the corporate values: Customer focus, Partnership, Responsibility, Opportunity, Fun, Integrity, and Trust (C-PROFIT)
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have a degree in an engineering field. Must possess an active security clearance or be able to qualify for a clearance.
5+ years’ experience required in project management. Experience managing multiple engineering projects and teams simultaneously is vital.
Electro-mechanical manufacturing technician
Sierra Peaks has an opening in its Albuquerque location for an electro-mechanical manufacturing technician with assembly experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
Woodworking hand tools
Woodworking power tools
- Table saw
- Compound miter saw
- Radial arm saw
- Drill / driver
Metal fabrication tools
- Mill (CNC)
- Lathe (CNC)
- Rivet gun
Basic electronic circuit assembly tools
- Soldering iron
- Wire strippers
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment as a mechanical assembler
- Currently holds a security clearance or eligible to obtain a U.S. government security clearance
- Must have excellent eye-hand coordination and a mechanical aptitude
- Position requires creative problem solving skills relative to customization of items
- Excellent communication and documentation skills required
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to follow verbal direction in the absence of written documentation
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to read and write fluent English
- Associates degree in electronics a plus
For more information contact:
Enid Chase, Human Resources
About Albuquerque, NM
Albuquerque is the most populous city in the U.S. state of New Mexico. It is the county seat of Bernalillo County, and it is situated in the central part of the state, straddling the Rio Grande. The city population was 555,417 as of the July 1st, 2012 population estimate from the United States Census Bureau, and ranks as the 32nd-largest city in the U.S.. The Albuquerque MSA population includes the city of Rio Rancho, Bernalillo, Placitas, Corrales, Los Lunas, Belen, Bosque Farms, and forms part of the larger Albuquerque – Santa Fe – Las Vegas combined statistical area, with a total population of 1,162,777 as of the 2012 Census.
Albuquerque is home to the University of New Mexico (UNM), Central New Mexico Community College (CNM), Kirtland Air Force Base, Sandia National Laboratories, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, and Petroglyph National Monument. One of the major art events in the state is the summertime New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair, a non-profit show exclusively for New Mexico artists. Albuquerque is home to over 300 other visual arts, music, dance, literary, film, ethnic, and craft organizations, museums, festivals and associations. Albuquerque contains a variety of museums, galleries, shops and other points of interest such as The Green Chile roasting. The harvest season begins in August and runs through September. The chile roasting in Albuquerque is something akin to a religion. Other attractions include the Albuquerque Biological Park, Albuquerque Museum of Art and History, Museum of Natural History and Science, and Old Town Albuquerque. The Sandia Peak Tramway, located adjacent to Albuquerque is the world’s second-longest passenger aerial tramway. The Balloon Fiesta began in 1972. The climate for Albuquerque gets 15 inches of rain per year. Snowfall is 27 inches. On average, there are 280 sunny days per year in Albuquerque, NM. The July high is around 89 degrees. The January low is 26.